Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday mornings

I love Saturday mornings. I wake up, roll on my back, and think, "I have nothing to do today." Bliss.

Which isn't quite true. We're having breakfast with my sister, attending a gymnastics meet, getting my wedding ring resized, cleaning our lovely one-bedroom apartment, and taking dinner to a friend as a thank you for doing our taxes. (Good deal, right?)

But relatively speaking, bliss.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking, "Who cares about your opinion on Saturday morning?" But then I think of You've Got Mail and her line about sending messages out into the void. She was talking about email (it was the 90s), but I feel kind of the same. Blogging is like sending a message in a very digital, searchable, (even viral) proverbial bottle. You write, click "publish post" and sent it out to the great unknown.

So good morning, dear void. Can't wait to see what today brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment